Проект номер: 5025
Свободни места: Запълнени !
Доброволецът ще помага в работата с деца бежанци и тяхната интеграция, ще организира различни дейности за тях.
Начало на проекта: 07.05.2013
Продължителност на проекта: 9 месеца
Kраен срок за кандидатстване: 23-ти април 2013
EVS volunteers will be accommodated in a dormitory in Białystok. Each of them will be offered a room of his/her own.
• Their work will mainly consist in working with Chechen refugee children and conducting workshops/presentations in Polish schools (promoting EVS, raising awareness or the refugee issue, promoting tolerance and multicultural cooperation).
We would like to involve EVS volunteers in the following activities:
• - working with refugees and asylum seekers in a reception centre in Białystok
- lessons about human rights, stereotypes and refugees, aiming at raising the society's awareness of the refugee issue (in high schools, junior high schools and primary schools throughout the region of podlaskie)
- activities integrating Polish and Chechen children
- human rights, refugee law - Chechen history, culture and tradition - designing games and activities for children and teenagers - psychology and pedagogy of working with war victims - Russian language - Polish language, culture and tradition - language teaching practice - creating lesson plans, leading group discussions - administration/office work - fundraising EVS volunteers' education will take place both through organised training and individual research. They will actively take part in preparing the strategy, plan and activities concerning their work. After introductory training they will start working in the reception centre. Meanwhile, together with the coordinator from our Foundation, they will prepare lessons, presentations and tasks connected with the topics of human rights and refugees to be used with Polish pupils. They will present the prepared classes to pupils in the Podlaskie region. Each EVS volunteer will get their own Polish mentor, whose task will be to introduce a volunteer to the Polish reality, culture and social life. Each EVS volunteer will be also offered the possibility of intensive Polish language learning in exchange for his/her native tongue. With the assistance of the coordinator, EVS volunteers will have the possibility of carrying out their individual research and pursue their own personal interests and hobbies. If they are willing, they will be invited to our Big Brother Big Sister programme and will get a 'brother' or 'sister' from a dysfunctional family to take care of.
all who like working with children, who are motivated, open and eager to work:) knowledge of Polish or Russian will be an additional asset, but it's not necessary to apply:)
Posted by: activeideas